Don't forget...

*Please scroll down for more pictures of things I've done. I wouldn't want you to miss anything since my additions have been coming pretty often! Looks like I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing, after all. Thanks for visiting, Debbie

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Gettin' Inky!

Hi there, I've been Gettin' Inky!

Close To My Heart has some really great products that go way beyond also having the best Paper and Stamps in the industry. We have SUPERB, juicy, bright, coordinating inks and re-inkers that help you stretch not only your scrapbooking and card-making dollars but also your artistic individuality. If you have cruised around the internet sites that feature scrapbooking you will have seen the trend toward Art Journaling and Smash Books that are a looser approach to scrapping than the more traditional style that you are used to. As I have mentioned before, joining the scrapbooking industry was a bit of a struggle for me because as an artist, I see things in a more 'outside the box' sort of way. I subscribe to the idea that pretty much anything can be improved upon or changed to be closer to my interpretation of a thing or theory. Those of you that know me have probably heard me say (or at least hum the tune) "Anything you can do, I can do better". I realize that this is a rather egotistical attitude and perhaps a more accurate wording would be ''Anything you can do, I can change to better suit me."

Having 'admitted' that, I have been working to stretch my creativity with scrapbooking while also staying true to the company I am a consultant for. We have the tools you need to make the style you are comfortable with from traditional to artsy! As for the looser style associated with Art Journaling, by description a more artistic approach, we have spray pens that work with different mediums (products) to create looks that you really can't exactly get with stamps. We have re-inkers (liquid ink to re-saturate your ink-pads) that can be used in the spray pens or even as a water-color style application.

OK, I hope I have peaked your curiosity to see what I have come up with on my own little artistic side-trip.
Below is my May club project. All of the tools used are either CTMH or from using the cricut and CTMH cartridges. Enjoy! (Oops, the embossing folder is by Darice.)








I started out with two sheets of White Daisy paper and lightly misted Lagoon and Pear ink all over.
Then you can see that I made and used a custom Gear stencil on the left-hand side and then for the right I simply flipped the stencil over and patted the leftover ink onto the page. The extra gears were cut on the cricut from Slate cardstock, Outdoor Denim, and Pear cardstock then edge distressed for contrast.
I love how this turned out. The feature paper is from the CTMH Later sk8r collection.
Have fun and if you are ready to Get Inky, hop on over to my CTMH site and get the supplies you need to make it happen!
If you would like to order one of my Gear stencils, the cost is $8.00 plus shipping to your zip code. Please e-mail me for more information. debbiemay3115@yahoo.com
Talk to ya soon,
Debbie                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment